M-Bus Master Hat DS – The Original and Best
M-Bus Master Hat DS. The original and best M-Bus Hat for your Pi. Turns your Raspberry Pi into an M-Bus Master, allowing you to read data from M-Bus wired meters, and also provides a DS18B20 temperature sensor on-board the Hat as well as the ability to wire in external DS18B20 sensors.
Supports Raspberry Pi 5 and all previous versions with 40-pin headers.
Comes in both full sized and micro versions, for standard Raspberry Pis and Pi Zeros, along with standoffs for mounting on your Pi.
Price includes UK shipping. Free untracked European shipping for orders above £42.50, free tracked shipping to Europe above £60. Worldwide shipping also available.
Key benefits of the M-Bus Master Hat DS:
- Comes with on-board DS18B20 temperature sensor, and terminal block to add external DS18B20 sensors
- No external power supply required – generates required voltage on-board
- Up to 3 Unit Loads (M-Bus slaves) supported*
- Supported by various open source packages, including libmbus, pyMeterBus, pyMbusHat and mbus-httpd
- We supply stand-offs with all Hats to securely and safely mount your hat to your Pi
- Raspberry Pi detects M-Bus Master Hat and auto-configures serial port**
- Fully compliant with Raspberry Pi Hat specification
- Present of M-Bus Master Hat can be detected via software**
- M-Bus power is switchable via software, using GPIOs
- GPIO pin controlling M-Bus power can be reconfigured***
- All Raspberry Pis with 40 pin header supported, from Pi 1 Model B+ (2014) onwards
- Pi Zero (+Pi Zero 2) size Hat available, giving smaller form factor installation
- Custom-designed form-factor cases available
- All Hats undergo rigorous post-assembly checks and tests before shipping.
- Schematic available
- 100s of satisfied hobbyist and commercial customers
* Assumes a slave requires 1 UL
** Raspberry Pi OS/Raspbian required
*** Requires soldering
For more details please see our product page or the datasheet.
The M-Bus Master Hat DS is backwards compatible with all previous versions of the standard M-Bus Hat, with the exception of exposing the DS18B20 one-wire bus on Broadcom GPIO4 (physical pin 7).
New – the M-Bus Master Hat DS, which adds one-wire temperature sensor functionality to the standard M-Bus functionality of the M-Bus Master Hat.
The M-Bus Master Hat DS includes:
- A DS18B20 one-wire digital temperature sensor on-board the Hat.
- A port to wire in additional external DS18B20 sensors.
For more details please see our product page or the datasheet for the M-Bus Master Hat.
- One M-Bus Master Hat DS.
- Standoffs and nuts for attaching the Hat to a Raspberry Pi with mounting holes.
- Shipping within the UK. Shipping costs for other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
Raspberry Pi and case are not included – cases are available here.
For information on shipping see here.
|26 × 20 × 5 cm
Full sized, Micro