M-Bus Master Hat – The Original and Best
M-Bus Master Hat. The original and best M-Bus Hat for your Pi. Turns your Raspberry Pi into an M-Bus Master, allowing you to read data from M-Bus wired meters.
Supports Raspberry Pi 5 and all previous versions with 40-pin headers.
Comes in both full sized and micro versions, for standard Raspberry Pis and Pi Zeros, along with standoffs for mounting on your Pi.
Price includes UK shipping. Free untracked European shipping for orders above £42.50, free tracked shipping to Europe above £60. Worldwide shipping also available.
Key benefits of the M-Bus Master Hat:
- No external power supply required – generates required voltage on-board
- Up to 3 Unit Loads (M-Bus slaves) supported*
- Supported by various open source packages, including libmbus, pyMeterBus, pyMbusHat and mbus-httpd
- We supply stand-offs with all Hats to securely and safely mount your hat to your Pi
- Raspberry Pi detects M-Bus Master Hat and auto-configures serial port**
- Fully compliant with Raspberry Pi Hat specification
- Present of M-Bus Master Hat can be detected via software**
- M-Bus power is switchable via software, using GPIOs
- GPIO pin controlling M-Bus power can be reconfigured***
- All Raspberry Pis with 40 pin header supported, from Pi 1 Model B+ (2014) onwards
- Pi Zero (+Pi Zero 2) size Hat available, giving smaller form factor installation
- Custom-designed form-factor cases available
- Full sized and Zero size variants available with on-board DS18B20 temperature sensor support – order here
- All Hats undergo rigorous post-assembly checks and tests before shipping.
- Schematic available
- 100s of satisfied hobbyist and commercial customers
* Assumes a slave requires 1 UL
** Raspberry Pi OS/Raspbian required
*** Requires soldering
For more more details please see our product page and the datasheet.
We are now shipping board revision 1.7f. This is electrically compatible with all previous versions of the Hat.
Note that current revisions of the full size board do not include a cut-out on the left hand side for a camera cable – this was provided on some previous versions.